Wednesday, March 19, 2008

what do you think?



So I've skipped ahead several projects and am planning Beka's quilt. I made Catie's and Emma's very similar. The pic is of Catie's and yes she does sleep on a bed now. She has strawberry fabric for every other square and has some Strawberry Shortcake fabrics in it. Emma's quilt is made up of 6 different Precious Moments fabrics. It is the same design as Catie's but due to my inability to measure anything =) The squares are two inches bigger. I love their quilts. I'm happy with their quilts. The question is do I make Beka's the same or do I go a different direction? See, I've found these other quilts that I really like. And I think the fabric for her quilt would look so cute like this.
Check out the quilts here, here and here. Aren't they gorgeous? Of course part of what makes them look so great is the quilting and I'm pretty sure I can't do that so I'd have to find someone else to do that part.
So, do I make her quilt the same as the other girls' or is it alright to do something different?

ps I really like this one too and have bought the pattern but am not sure I want to make a big quilt like this.

pps how brilliant am I for finally figuring out how to make those links? It only took me two weeks to realize that there is a button called "link". Well, duh!!! Silly non computer friendly me. =)

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I love Catie's quilt, I want to know how you made that--my girls would love that! I like the last quilt (tumbler) and the pink/brown/white stripe one. I don't think it matters if the girl's quilts match. It's up to what you want to do. If you want to do a new pattern do it. Love, ya!

Anonymous said...

Catie's quilt and Emma's have so much character!! I don't think they have to be the same. I like the pink one with the butterflies but to be honest, I like the fringy ones the best