Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rainbow Cake




Yesterday we made a rainbow cake. A lot of our extra discussion/school time was spent talking about weather this week. Especially Cyclone Hamish. Anyway, we tied that in to the story of Noah. A couple weeks ago I ran across a link for a rainbow cake somewhere on the big internet world. Since I don't have the regular computer I can't find the saved link. =) But this is our version of rainbow cake.

I made our normal vanilla cake recipe--vanilla cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup liquid, 1/2 cup oil, 4 eggs. (from the cake mix doctor) Then I let each girl pick out a food colour. Then we put in a liberal amount of food colouring. And finally layered it into the angel food cake pan (I seem to have gotten rid of my bundt cake pan? weird!) As the cake rose while baking it got a bit of a curved shape going on with the colours. And as you can see our final result was VERY bright colours. The girls love it. I'm a little afraid to eat it myself. =)

2 comments:

Kylie said...

But it looks so good! :) And I LOVE the beach pic of the girls. So much fun!

Anonymous said...

How fun, mama! I could really eat a cake right now...like REALLY! :o) Yum!

Have a great weekend!