Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday

  • Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday. So we are watching Horton Hears a Who and doing Seuss activity pages and reading Seuss books for homeschool today.
  • I have my first visit to the antenatal clinic today. I'll have to see both the midwives and the doctors since it is my first visit then hopefully not the doctors again until week 28, then (I think) every week after 36.
  • I'll probably go to the lab and get my 12 week bloodwork done after my clinic visit.
  • And then I'll duck over to radiology and freak them out by saying I need an ultrasound in 3-4 weeks. They like a lot more notice than that.
  • Roseanne says my chair doesn't look as pink as she expected it too. That gives me hope for my couch.
  • I sewed the patchwork front for the baby quilt last night. But when I laid it out on my backing it is still small.
  • I like the placement of the blocks so well that I don't want to mess with adding more blocks so instead I am going to add a border. I'm thinking orange.
  • After going through my stash of fabric, ribbon, etc. I came across an unopened package of red rick-rack. Mom sent it to me. I think it was from Granny's stash. Anyway, there's 3 yards of it so I am going to put it on the seam between the blocks and the border.
  • I need to figure out what colour binding to use for this quilt.
  • This weekend is the Young Adult Retreat. Josh and I have been asked to go with them. The girls are staying for a "holiday" at Grandma's. They are very excited.
  • I'm in charge of two breakfasts and one dinner for 17 people. My budget is $102 which works out (if my math is correct) to $2 per person per meal. hmmm...finding this a little difficult. And the budget includes drinks, tea, coffee, Milo, plastic cutlery and plates, bowls, etc.
  • I'm planning on spending Saturday afternoon shopping in Montville. Although I realized this morning that one of the shops I was looking forward to is actually in Maleny. So I just ordered from them off the internet. =)
  • can't think of anything else to write. So I'm off to the never ending chores of dishes and laundry.
  • p.s. They just made a homeschool joke on Horton Hears a Who. =)

No comments: