Monday, April 6, 2009

Vinegar

Just thought I'd share a couple uses for vinegar that I'd heard about and have now used and recommend.

1. in place of rinse aid in your dishwasher. Just fill that little compartment up with white vinegar and it works exactly the same with a much nicer cost.

2. use 1/2 to 1 cup in your washing machine. I had been using "hygiene rinse" but found it was clogging up my drains. But it was the only thing I could find that got rid of the wet undies smell. But now I just put some vinegar in as the washer fills up with water. No smell!! I hear that it also helps take the "op shop smell" out of clothes and linens too. I'm planning on using it when I wash the newborn size clothes in a couple months. No matter how I store clothes they get a bit of a sour smell.

No comments: