Saturday, December 19, 2009

bad blogger strikes again

I'm a bad blogger in several ways.
#1 I haven't been blogging.
#2 I haven't been posting pictures to show my mom which is one of the main reasons I have a blog but that's because
#3 I haven't been taking pictures!! I do have batteries in the camera now so did take a couple pics. Now to upload them.
and the #4 reason I'm a bad blogger is because I have been using a great muffin recipe that I am going to share with you and I don't remember where I got it from!!! See?? bad blogger!!!!

Here's the yummy recipe.

snickerdoodle muffins

1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg~beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil or applesauce

mix them up, divide into 12 muffin cups, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, then put them in the oven at 375F or 180C for 10-12 minutes.

Instead of the cinnamon and sugar (which makes them taste like a big fluffy snickerdoodle) try incorporating blueberries or chocolate chips or lemon peel/juice and poppyseeds, whatever. They are very versatile. I doubled this, used applesauce instead of oil and added blueberries and they came out a little rubbery but I'm slowly checking why since I normally use oil, make a single batch and do cinn/sugar instead of blueberries. Yesterday I did a single batch with the cinn/sugar and used applesauce and they were fine.

And here's another super yummy looking recipe that I found today. I'll be trying this chocolate pudding cake soon.

1 comment:

grammynurse said...

At least you admit you haven't been sending pics. I'm a bad blogger for 1 reason. I haven't blogged for 3 weeks is it?