Thursday, May 6, 2010


went looking for the camera cord but can't find it so will upload pictures later. We had a good weekend in Brisbane. Everything worked out perfectly on Friday morning. We got to Brisbane late Thursday night then were up early Friday morning. We left at 7 because we had to be at the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages at 8:30. It's in the middle of Brisbane so we had to deal with rush hour traffic. I am so turning into a small town girl. I HATE TRAFFIC!! Anyway, we found a parking garage a couple blocks from the registry, parked and walked to the office. We got there 5 minutes before they opened. We were first in and got Nathan's birth certificate changed and then headed over to our US Consulate appointment. It was several blocks away and we were supposed to be there at 9:10. We got there at 9 and they were running late. The appointment was at 9:25 and I think we got in at 9:45. It's so frustrating to run around making sure we're on time and have everything we need then get in there, have them ask for the birth certificate and copy, ask us to sign in 4 places, then say "That's all". Seriously?? They didn't check our i.d., didn't have us swear that the whole thing was true, NOTHING!! We could've just sent our friends in our place. Oh well, we got the girls an ice cream cone from McD's for morning tea, got some Krispy Kreme's, then headed over to Bed, Bath N Table so I could spend my gift card from Christmas. I got bath sheets for my bathroom. They were on sale for 2 for $70!!! Oh well, I just keep reminding myself that I only paid $20 for 2. And they are really nice (even if they do keep leaving red fluff everywhere)! Then we got our car out of the parking garage ($37.50 for 3 hours!!) and headed to another part of Brisbane to take the girls to the Sciencentre. We found free parking but only for an hour so Josh had to find more parking while we kept playing. The girls really enjoyed the Sciencentre and then we went upstairs to the museum. That was fun too. Then we left and headed back to the H's and Josh rushed away from there to go pick up ceiling fans for the school. When D found out we were coming down he asked Josh to stay until Saturday and play soccer because they were down a few guys. We didn't know that the game wasn't until 3 and was on the southside of Brisbane but we stayed. We left the H's at 7pm and arrived home at 11 Saturday night. It was a very full weekend but a nice one and the girls really enjoyed playing with their friends again. And I think Emma and Beka are almost over their fear of Chip, the dog. Too bad that doesn't translate to their fear of every other dog. =)

1 comment:

grammynurse said...

Good to hear that your papers were all don. Just don't lose them now. Good to know you are back home safely.